Sunday, April 13, 2008

Picking on PA

So in reviewing hundreds of resumes every week, I've come to realize that Pennsylvania has the worst city names of any state. Now I know that every state has its fair share of strange city names, but Pennsylvania's just strike me a little more bizarre than the rest. See for yourself:

• Altoona
• Bryn Mawr
• Coudersport
• Dillsburg
• Harrisburg
• Intercourse
• King of Prussia
• Oil City
• Orwigsburg
• Perryopolis
• Punxsutawney
• Rankin
• Scranton
• Shoemakersville
• Swarthmore
• Virginville
• West Conshohocken
• Wormleysburg
• Zelienople

Somehow I doubt that people from Virginville and Intercourse are friendly with each other.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's a funny observation Ken. I knew a guy from Mechanicsburg once. He was a little bizarre.