Sunday, May 9, 2010

Celebrity Sighting #8


One good thing about walking around Midtown on Saturday night? Crossing paths with Tony Goldwyn (a.k.a. the bad guy from Ghost).

Tony was walking arm in arm with his wife around 46th Street. I noticed him immediately as my brother and I walked by him. But just to be sure, we doubled back and creepily followed him for a few blocks to get the confirmation.

You may be wondering what Tony's been up to since having his viscera serrated by a broken-glass window in 1990. Although the angry ape reapers proceeded to drag him off to Hell, Tony resurfaced for a few notable films in the next 10 years or so:

Kuffs (1991)
The Pelican Brief (1993)
Nixon (1995)
Kiss the Girls (1997)
Bounce (2000)
The Last Samurai (2003)

I'd actually completely forgotten about Tony until I saw The Last Kiss in 2006, a film that he directed. The movie has a cool opening that features Snow Patrol's awesome "Chocolate".

According to IMDb, Tony had a less prominent film debut in 1986, in which he played the role of Darren in Jason Lives: Friday the 13th Part VI.

"I got skewered through the chest after uttering about three words," he said.

No comments: