Sunday, September 7, 2008

Celebrity Sighting #5


Since I've been in New York, I've always wondered if there are any celebrities who actually use the subway. Obviously most can afford to take taxis or private cars around the city, but I've been a little surprised to never have spotted someone on the subway. But Friday morning on my way to work, I confirmed my first public-transportation celebrity sighting.

Before I got off the C train at Spring Street, I looked to my right and spotted a familiar face sitting by herself in the back corner of the train, clutching some sort of canister. Just as with Kevin Allison, I instantly recognized the person, but wanted to make sure.

When the train stopped, I exited at the door nearest her and got visual confirmation: Saturday Night Live's Rachel Dratch. Yes, Debbie Downer herself. She returned my glance, looking just as droll and strange as ever.

1 comment:

jfolg said...

i saw philip seymour hoffman on a one train. he exited at sheridan square. this was 4-5 years ago though, so before the whole oscar business. probably has a chariot now.